Concierge (214) 748-7035

Our History

 Stemming from the roaring 1920’s, the history of 2220 Canton began when The Olive & Meyers Company constructed the building in 1925. Formerly known as The Olive & Meyers Building, 2220 Canton served as a manufacturing plant until 1958, when it was sold to clothiers Leroy McMullin and Ray Stockton. With this transaction, The Olive & Meyers Company ceased to exist, thus categorically symbolizing an end to the manufacturing era in Dallas and the beginning of the service industry boom. The Olive & Meyers Building played a significant role in contributing to Dallas’ vast history and has instilled cultural influences throughout the community. Because of these things, 2220 Canton has been designated as a City of Dallas landmark. Westdale purchased the building in 1992 with the intent of creating one of the first lofts in Dallas. Although several other developers have constructed new lofts, few compare to the charm of 2220 Canton. Historically, the building was originally solely renters; however, the building is now primarily owner-occupied and in the process of creating its own identity.

Content Protected Using Blog Protector By: PcDrome.